Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kyleigh: The 1st Grader

This summer seemed to fly by and today was Kyleigh's first day of 1st grade! She was so excited the night before and was up several times...nervous energy I guess. She finally tapped out in the bed with us at some point and took over my spot whenever I got up and got in the shower. Here is what I was up against trying to get her up this morning:


I lost to their "sleeping force field" for at least 20 minutes.

I finally got her up and I had made cinnamon buns for her, but she was so excited about school she only ate two bites and was done :-)


Da Buns...

I got up early knowing I had to make and pack lunch and get them both out the door on time, but still managed to be rushing somehow. Here is a shot of Kyleigh before we went out the door:


It's not the cutest shirt, but she picked it out and loves it
She did good going right in, sitting down and shoo'ing me out the door. We are really hoping we have a better year teacher wise than we did last year and are giving this school another shot. Her teacher seems very nice and on the ball, so our hopes are high!

Who missed her the most today? Well, yesterday I let her stay home and watch the new Hanna Montana movie and just have a relaxing day before starting school, which consisted of her snuggling with the pets.

At a loss for their snuggle partner, they had to settle for each other:
Reece has started in the Pre K class this week at her daycare as well. This teacher is known to be tough, so we will see who has the most stamina...her or Reece! So far, she has had two great reports and we hope she is back to being sweet Reece and not talking back Reece anymore!

No comments: