Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm getting excited....

I know, everyone probably thought some great adoption news would follow the title of that post, but unfortunately things are slow again. I'm really hoping things pick up again soon. Next Sunday will be a year since we sent our application off. I cannot believe it's been a year already. It's kind of bittersweet to think of it. I hope this year is filled with more baby and less waiting for baby!!

Bobby and I don't really go on dates that often, so we really try to have a mini vacation just for the two of us every year. This year we are going to CMA Fest in Nashville! Not much of a vacation as we will be going to non-stop concerts, events and autograph signings, but we are really excited. I've always wanted to go to Nashville and what better time then during the biggest party of the year?

I have a TON of stuff to do to get ready...and yes we are leaving in less than 48 hours. As usual, I have waited until the last minute :-) Kyleigh's last day of school is Thursday along with the last girl scouts meeting and they both start camp next week and we have Nick at Night going on at church. My poor mother in law is going to get her fill in this next week! She certainly will not be bored!

In general things have been pretty busy and crazy around here. I asked Bobby yesterday if I did all of this when I worked too, but we quickly realized that I didn't. I didn't have a chance to volunteer to help with Sunday School or Habitat lunches or play dates. And I'm certainly happy that I do now. It's a completely different type of busy.

We will be back late Sunday night, so maybe I will be able to post some pictures then. We've never been before, so I have no idea what to expect. You never know what can happen on a road trip and 4 days of concerts! Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Annie B said...

Yeah, I've noticed the slow pace of referrals too. Hmmm. At least it sounds as though you are making some progress. Keeping busy definitely helps :)

Amber said...

Have fun in Nashville!!! We love it there and try to go at least once a year!!! But, that's in large part because my husband is the biggest Titans fan ever!!! Be safe!