Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nature's Cure

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears or the sea."

Thought I would share one of my most favorite quotes because it rings true no matter the situation.

How good have you felt after putting a little "sweat equity" into something? Maybe it's that healthy body you want (where mine is coming from now) or that house project you have been wanting to finish. Nothing is better than wiping that sweat after a workout and having a completely clear mind.
Or how about those tears? Our body's physical result of our emotions. I was feeling pretty down earlier this week...missing just seeing people. Missing the excitement of my day which has fallen into predictable monotony. It was still weighting heavy on my mind at dinner when Reece was sitting and playing with her roll instead of eating it. She finally spoke up and told us she was making a face, but she couldn't make the "smell holes" (aka nose). Ah, tears of joy at her innocence...almost instantly healing that hurt.
And the sea. The sea represents my reconciliation with my dad. Just the smell of it brings a calm and smile to my face.
What a simply natural, wonderful thing salt water is in all it's forms...and it's one of those things we take for granted everyday.

1 comment:

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

i cry just thinking about you and your dad - happy tears, that is.