Friday, April 3, 2009

A much needed day off and escape



So, sometimes when all hope is gone and you are just in a "funk", what you need is a night out with a friend. I took yesterday off to relax a bit and then headed to Wilmington to check out the David Cook concert my dear friend Meredith so graciously invited me too.

I don't know about you, but I love to drive (with the exception of driving in the never ending rain yesterday). It just clears my mind and I am able to clear things out. When I got to Wilmington, I got to see her girl Abby. Boy is she growing up fast! It's so sweet to hear her talk and watch her waddle around :-)

We decided to treat ourselves to a dinner we wouldn't normally take our kids to since it was "Mommy's night out", Port City Chophouse. That was the first dinner in a long time that I have been able to take my time and breathe and just enjoy a meal without wondering how much longer I had until the girls were done! A nice steak, a glass of wine and some great conversation. That alone was worth the trip.

We had hospitality passes before the concert, so we ended up doing some pretty serious people watching in there. I'm pretty sure we were entertaining the couple sitting beside us :-)

After that, we went down for the concert. 7th row center stage floor, not to shabby I might say! The opening act was good and I thought David did a great job. We were sitting right behind the "queens and their court", so most of my pictures have crowns in them unfortunately. Don't even get me started on the guys these girls were with, that's a whole other post!

Anyway, thought I would share a few pictures. If you ever get the chance to catch him in concert, go check it out. He was very funny, personable, talkative and just seemed like a genuine nice guy.








No comments: