Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Son

Ok, so I do really well trying not to think about the adoption when I am so busy on a day to day basis (a slight white lie here, but I'm trying!)...but these last fews weeks it's been harder and harder.

On Christmas, I was thinking about him...wondering what his birth mom was doing, if they were safe, warm, cared for. Yes, I know this is absolutley crazy to let your mind wonder about someone you have never even met and don't even know when you are going to meet, but I cannot help it. I'm guessing according to the timeline right now that his birth mom is pregnant with him. I cannot imagine the weight of the decisions she is making right now. She could have easily aborted him, but she didn't...and I know we both want to give him everything life can offer. The opportunity to grow strong and be loved and learn and become his own person.

I think about my very dear friend Meredith who is leaving next week for Ethopia to meet her son...all of the emotions, wonder, fear and love she must be feeling at the same time. To be with someone from beginning to end of an adoption journey has been absolutely amazing and inspiring...I cannot wait to get my hands on him and kiss him myself!

And it's not just me. Many many times out of the blue Kyleigh and Reece will talk about him. If we go out to eat somewhere, they will point out we will be a party of 5 when baby brother gets here...how much longer mommy...I want to save these stuffed animals for him...how big will he be...soon you will have 3 to clean up for mommy! (that one has been my recent favorite comment!).

For now, we sit and we all absolutely love and adore this precious child whom we have never met...who is on the other side of the world right now...who may be facing struggles and heartache we will never understand...and we wait....for our son to come home.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love this post so much...that is exactly where we were a year ago, and we did not even think our son had been born yet. When we received our referral and realized he had been born at the beginning of December, I looked back to that Christmas amazed to think that while I had been thinking about him so much, not knowing if he was born or not, he was already in this world and now he was waiting for me! I hope that 2010 brings you wonderful news and that you get to see your son's face even sooner than you expect!