Thursday, July 1, 2010

Waiting sucks

So eloquently put huh?

I've been really good about not buying a lot of stuff, mostly because we don't know how big our child will be, and mostly because I just don't want to stare at it everything and think of it. I got two great coupons in the mail ($10 off purchase of $10) and just couldn't resist. My girls have outgrown shopping at Carter's, but I knew I could get some boy clothes for a real good deal!

And we did....$2.16 for 4 shirts! After I came down from my coupon high, I just pulled them out of the bag and stared at them. I probably just should have given the coupons to a friend.

It's been over a year since we started this process. I knew the waiting would be hard, but for some reason lately it's just been harder. There were no referrals at all in June, and while I'm very grateful our agency sends us weekly emails, it's more and more heartbreaking to get it and see there has been no movement...again.

I've heard so many people talk about the ups and downs of this adoption process and I guess I'm just in a down part. I want so bad to have our baby home...just to know who he is! Everyday I think of him...wondering where he is, is he healthy...what is his birthmom feeling right now....do they know how much we love him already?

I really hope there is more movement in July!!!!

2 comments:

Annie B said...

I agree with the suck statement! It is tough. I remember waiting for those Friday emails too. And now that you are #12 on the list, you are so ready to get down to business. I still think $2.16 for 4 shirts is too good a deal to pass up. I also think it is ok to enjoy getting ready to bring baby home, buy clothes, etc. This should be a little fun, right? Anyway, hope you hear some news on Friday. It sounds like referrals are trending towards batches, so hopefully a few come in :)

Kala said...

Those feelings are completly normal. One day I'm fine then the next I feel like I admitted into a behavioral health unit somewhere. Geez...this is so hard. Everyone says it will be worth the wait. I do believe that but it doesn't make it any easier right now. Hang in there :)