Monday, July 26, 2010

You will be moving August 6th......

That was the email I received today from the moving company. They are coming next Wednesday to pack us up, loading it up on Thursday and moving it to the new house in Cary on Friday. Phew.

While I am **extremely** happy to have a quicker move time than the 4 weeks they initially quoted us, I am looking at the calendar and realizing just how quick that is. I don't have much time at all.

Outside of all of the scheduling with last minute appointments, coordinating real estate agents and everything at the new place, something hit me today. The importance of this house. The memories of this house.

I remember crying pulling out of the driveway at our Wilmington house moving here....that was the house we brought our babies home to...in fact, it happens to be the house pretty much all of the major events of our lives at that time had happened in. But this house, while it holds memories of my kids as well, has a special place in my heart for my dad.

My back porch is the last place I sat with him and just talked...he told me all about my grandfather, who he had never really spoken to me about before. My kitchen table was the last meal I had with him. My driveway was the last place I stood and hugged his neck. My road was the last place I saw him drive away. For these reasons, this move has all of a sudden hit home in a very bittersweet way.

I became a very different person in this house. In the quiet times of working from home away from the noise of the office, I was able to hear God for the first time. I still ran for a while, but being pulled away...this move...was one of the best things to ever happen to me. For the first time in my life, I felt safe with my life in His hands. And that is a wonderful thing.

I know I will cry pulling out of this driveway too, but I am so happy to also remember all of the great times that were spent here. Our family has never been stronger or closer and I cannot wait to see what this adventure has in store for us. Hopefully this next house will also be filled with memories of our Korean cutie soon!

2 comments:

Annie B said...

I know what you mean about being attached to your home. I am always scheming about how to move out of our house, but it really is the scene of so many big life events and memories. Moving is so hard. Good luck getting all your stuff in order for your quicker than expected move time! I imagine you've probably accumulated quite a bit of stuff...

Jenny said...

wow! how's that for fast! glad they send movers though :-) praying you have as many wonderful times in Cary as you did in Wilmington and North Myrtle!