Thursday, February 4, 2010

I-171H Received!

I was shocked today to check the mail and find our I-171H already back! I thought this would take at least a month or so. Now we have done every piece of paperwork we can possibly do...we have processed everything....got it all back. Now we just wait for our referral.

It's been very slow lately. There were no referrals at all in January. So disappointing! Usually there are maybe two a month, but none? It's just discouraging when there is no movement at all. I really look forward to those Friday afternoon emails from our agency...telling us any movement that's happened that week. I know that in years past there was no movement in December and this year there was, so for that we are thankful, but just like any other mama out there, we go through times of discouragement in the wait. Please don't get me wrong, it's completely worth another year of wait or two even! And we have a new social worker at our agency in Korea, so I'm wondering how that is going to affect things as well.

I know how fast this past year has gone and I guess I'm stuck. I want time to stop because my girls are growing up so fast and I want to hit pause and enjoy every second of it...but I want my baby home too!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats on getting the I-171H. Wonderful. :-D

Jenny said...

wooo!!! that's great!!! boo for no referrals in jan though :( it's been slow for referrals with our agency too...

kelly said...

Congrats!!! I love it when things happen faster than you assume! Now come on referrals ...

Kris said...

Yay! That is great news about the 1-171H! I understand the discouragement when it comes to waiting. It's hard, but hang in there.

Annie B said...

Congrats on your paperwork!

I happen to know good referral news came today :)

BrandiB said...

Yes! The referral dry spell is over thank goodness for us all!

Kala said...

I totally understand all those feelings! Congrats on getting your I-171H already. Another step completed!!