Monday, January 25, 2010

There's something out there...

So I was completely freaked out this morning by one of the strangest dreams I have had. Not much sleep last night anyway. Went to bed about midnight and we had a horrible rain storm last night. Those lovely windows above our bed that let all of the sunshine in turn into drums above your head when it is raining hard! So, about 2am, there I was listening to it (along with a snoring pug). Around 4am, I awoke to Reece telling me she had an accident in her bed and wanted me to change the sheets. I rolled right over onto Kyleigh who had also made her way into our bed some point between 3 and 4. I change the sheets, get everyone cleaned up and tucked back and in settle back down to hearing Bobby's alarm going off every 10 minutes.

Seems in that span my brain entered some sort of strange dream....one of those real ones where when you wake up you are completely thinking it is still going on. Here's what was happening for all of you dream interpreters out there.....

I'm waking up with the girls. We head into the kitchen to have some breakfast and there is someone standing there looking a lot like me (they had on a hooded sweatshirt, so it was hard to see). She was standing in my kitchen looking through a stack of books, different ones from religion to inspirational ones...and scoffing at them. "Hmm, interesting" and putting them aside.

At this point, I'm standing there with my kids not knowing what to do. I stay back and ask who she is and how she got in my house. She answers saying she used to live here and thought she might come back for a while and see everything that has changed. She goes and sits on the couch looking around and stops and just stares at me, waiting for an answer. I am stammering, trying to figure out how she could have lived here before when we built this house new.

At this point, I wake up. Of course when I look around and it's exactly how my dream started (kids in bed asking for breakfast), I'm scared. Will there be a complete stranger standing in my kitchen when I open my door? (You should have seen me looking out!)

I cannot get this dream out of my head this morning. I very rarely remember dreams. Who is this girl that looked like me, who was laughing at my books and said she used to live here? I've been praying a lot lately for God to show me the person He wants me to become and what that might look like (family, job, home, etc.). I believe a lot of the time you have to understand where you have been to know where you are going. I think I was shown the person I used to be. I know, this is crazy right! What was crazy was that I didn't do anything, we just stood there starring at each other...I didn't beg her to leave or call the police or ask her to stay or fix her breakfast. I did nothing. I am doing nothing. It was an impasse.

Maybe this is my complete lack of sleep talking this morning. Maybe it's as simple as the meatloaf I had last night or the complete exhaustion from grocery shopping until 10pm, but what if it's not. What if it's my sign I've been looking for and I discredit God's communication as spicy meatloaf?

Anyone had crazy dreams that really spoke to you?

No comments: