Saturday, January 9, 2010

Busy as a bee this week!

So this week started with my first full week back to work..ugh! I'm sure you guys understand that feeling too. So hard to get back into the groove of things. It also started with some interesting reorganization changes, so I think it will continue to be an interesting month...new boss, new structure. Sometimes change is good right?!


I've been overwhelmed with anticipation and emotion for my friend Meredith as she left Wednesday for Ethiopia. She has told us they have made it safely there, praise God! She gets to meet Aaron today and hopefully through the sketchy Internet access we will get to see pictures too. Please continue to pray for them! She also sent a wonderful snack attack basket to me filled with all kinds of chocolate to let me know she was thinking of me this weekend on the anniversary of my Dad's passing. I cannot even begin to describe what that meant to me...completely out of the blue for that to arrive at the door (I even waited to answer the door because it's usually stuffed animal shipments!). Thank you Meredith! People like you make this world better everyday.


Also a busy week because cookie selling for Girl Scouts starts today (if you live in NC and would like cookies, Kyleigh set her goal for 500 boxes....this girl is CRAZY!) Anyway, we would love to help you with your need for sugar, just let me know :-)


And in big news, Bobby bought a car. He has been back and forth looking at cars for months trying to make a decision. He has worked very very hard this year and it has paid off. For the first time, he could really look at ALL of the cars and decide. I stepped completely out of this process because I wanted it to be his decision. Our lives have changed drastically these last couple of years and Bobby's final decision certainly showed this. Instead of buying a brand new...very expensive...car, he instead decided to do some much needed work to the car he already had. And, yes, he did buy another car. Bobby has always been a car fanatic. He reads car magazines for hours, he can rattle off car parts that sound like a foreign language to me, he can name all of those cars on that crazy auction that always comes on TV (you ladies married to other car guys know the one I'm talking about!). His brother does auto cross and Bobby got to go to a couple last year and even got to drive in one...and he loved it! What more can you like? Cars..family...friends..comradery? Anyway, in a twist of fate the very car he had so much fun auto crossing in last year was up for sale. Bobby ended up with a BMW after all....and for a tenth of the price of the other ones :-) Introducing the "purple turtle" below:





I cannot even describe the love and respect I have for this man. Of all of the different scenarios he could have moved forward with, he did the one that was honoring and respectful to the way we want to lead our lives and raise our kids. What a way to show with actions! Of course this is lost in a sea of happy faces and talks of auto crossing schedules this year, but I am so very proud of him.

And in even happier news, we received our letter from USCIS that we can get our fingerprinting done next week! Yeah! Forgive me for being eager, but you know we have already made plans to go first thing on Monday morning! The office is 4.5 hours from our house, so we are going to go to Goldsboro on Sunday night to stay and leave for Durham that morning. Not sure what is involved in federal fingerprinting, but just one more thing to mark off our list to get us closer to our son!

Wow! It's been a busy week! Hope you all are doing well and that 2010 is being good to you so far!

No comments: