Monday, January 18, 2010

A busy and joyful weekend!

I was counting down the days until the weekend because I knew how awesome it was going to be! Here is the rundown.....

On Friday my father in law came down to help Bobby with some work on his car, but unfortunately they ran into some trouble and didn't get done what they wanted to. Bobby was pretty disappointed, but hopefully they will be able to get together again soon to get it finished up. His dad stayed the night on Friday, much to the delight of my girls who love their "big Papa". Here are some pictures of them playing in the big red truck:

Notice the dirt all over the knees in her pants. She had them tore up within the hour

Everyone was laughing at our photo session!

On Saturday, we headed to Wilmington to my friend Whitney's baby shower and see the infamous baby Aaron! When we come into Wilmington, a smile just comes over my face. I met so many great people while living there and have so many great friendships from it. Here is a picture from Whitney's shower. All us girls worked together in the office!

Not too much longer for Whitney and Jen!

Bobby dropped me off and took the girls to Monkey Joes to play. They had a ball and daddy still got to watch his Carolina game :-) After that, we headed to Meredith's house to meet Aaron. Abby was pretty upset with me last time I came and didn't bring the girls, so I think we made up this time! The girls played while we got to know little Aaron and listened to Meredith tell us about her trip in Ethiopia and showed us lots of great pictures. Here are some of the little man!

I couldn't take my eyes off him...so sweet!!


Mommy makes me laugh!


Loving this man of mine!!!

I was so happy to see Meredith and have her home and so thankful they had a safe trip!

On Sunday after church we set out to the Extreme Home Makeover site. They are doing a home for a family that lives about 45-hour from us. Bobby went out last week and did some volunteering, so he watched the girls Sunday afternoon while I got my chance (did I mention how much I love this guy?!). This family has an unbelievable story and is so deserving. I didn't get to meet any celebrities or anything, but that's ok, the experience was great! Keep your eyes out for the SC home with guest Jeff Gordon. Here are some pictures of me in the line moving the furniture in the house!

Got a great shot of the house when all of the trucks moved


The story of meeting Jeff Gordon had me laughing from this volunteer!

Lots of beautiful stuff from Target for the home!

Get this truck loaded!

Dirt track for BMX/go karts in the backyard in process

Today I am completely exhausted from all of the madness of the weekend, but it was all so great! I smiled and laughed so much this weekend my cheeks still hurt!

No comments: