Monday, January 4, 2010

Lots of driving yesterday!

Yesterday was an incredibly busy day, but such a joyful day! We got up and went to church, which is about 40 minutes from our house. It's always worth the drive and we always leave with a great message. After church, we ate lunch and then headed home to finalize my next outing to Wilmington that afternoon. For those of you that do not know, my best friend Meredith is leaving for Ethiopia on Wednesday to go get baby Aaron and bring him back to his forever home. Like I have said before, being with someone from the beginning of their adoption process to finally being united with their child is an overwhelming mix of emotions....can you imagine how Shane and Meredith are feeling right now??!!

So, I cooked about 2 or 3 batches of my homemade spaghetti sauce on Saturday and had it all ready to go. We had also gotten a few outfits, a couple of bags of the girl's clothes and some cans of formula to donate to the orphanage. When I got to Meredith's house, there was already so many bags of clothing and formula people had donated. What a blessing to that orphanage! We worked to go through a few of the bags and toys and then planned to head out to Wal-mart to get some containers to put them all in. They will be traveling with these containers full and then leaving them all at the orphanage. I just cannot describe the love felt. People reaching out all over from their church, friends and community to help these kids. It's an unbelievable thing.

Abby (their 2 year old daughter) woke up and was NOT impressed that I was there without my girls! (not that my girls were impressed with the fact I left them home!). She wouldn't even talk to me for a good while...so funny seeing that personality come through! I promised the next time I would bring them, so hopefully we have made up!

After the Wal-mart trip, we went and ate and J. Micheal's Philly Deli, which was one of my most favorite places to eat when I lived there. Oh, it was delicious! And the company made it even better. Just to be able to sit and talk about anything and everything was great I think for the both of us.

They leave out on Wednesday and I'm just asking for any of you that read my blog to please keep them in your prayers for safe travels. If you would like to follow their journey, their blog is on my blog roll (From Ethiopia to Wilmington, NC).

1 comment:

Christine said...

So awesome to have all that donated to the orphanage! I will definitely keep them in my prayers.