Monday, May 10, 2010

Understanding Mother's Day in a new way

I was filled with all sorts of feelings yesterday. My girls were so sweet and my kitchen table had hand written cards and treats on it whenever I got up. They were so excited, especially Kyleigh who is horrible at keeping secrets and had managed to hide my present the entire weekend. She was so proud of herself I think!

Instead of being focused on the Mother's Day I was having with my kids, my thoughts quickly wondered to other moms and how they felt on that day. Those moms that have lost children in the past year, those moms that are still struggling with infertility, those moms like myself in the waiting process, foster moms who know they will be handing over those babies they have taken such good care of and grown to love and those birth moms...who have made the selfless decision for their babies to initiate an adoption plan.

The referral dry spell was broken this past week and four referrals were announced! That puts us at #12 I'm thinking. That means that we are still on track to get our referral in the next 6 months or so....that means that our baby's birth mom has either already made her tough decision or will be making it soon. She was on my mind strong all day yesterday....wondering what things might be like for her....hoping she knew that in her decision to pursue an adoption plan that her baby has a family half way around the world that is eagerly waiting for them and loving them so much already. There seems to be quite a bit of activity again, so I am hoping still to have our baby home and in our arms by this time next year.

We also dedicated our girls during our church service yesterday, which was a real honor. I am so happy to have found such a great church family that supports us. I wasn't sure how the girls would do about getting up on the stage, but they did well. Kyleigh couldn't believe how bright it was up there and was squinting and trying to look out the entire time. Gives you a different perspective for the worship team!

I am SO incredibly thankful and blessed to be a mommy and I hope all mommy's out there had a wonderful day yesterday!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!

So glad to hear the dry spell was broken and that referrals are on the way. My thoughts are always with the birth mother's too - I can't imagine what they are feeling. I hope they find peace knowing that their babies will be in loving homes like yours.

Kala said...

What a great day! Adoption sure gives you different perscpectives that you never thought of before. I'm glad your moving up on the list!

kelly said...

It's true - Mother's Day brings out all these feelings I never had before .... especially thinking about birth mamas. Wow. Congrats on there being more referrals rolling in - yay!!!

Kristen said...

Praying for your family-Patience and faith!