Saturday, December 11, 2010

We feel good

We.Feel.Good.

It's been awhile since I've been able to say that. Not anxious. Not angry. Not scared. Just good.

We've been hard at work trying to get things together for Asher. We do have two girls, but kept absolutely nothing, so it's been starting over for us...but so much fun! It's been fun to look at bedding, pick out a crib and all of that all over again! I am trying to pace myself and only buy things that may take a while to ship in so I don't run out of things to keep me busy. I'm hoping if I stay busy getting prepared that the wait will maybe not be too unbearable :-)

I'm a planner, so I'm trying to go ahead and make a list of must have's for travel. Our agency says they will send a travel packet, but we haven't received it yet and maybe they don't send until we get travel call....which will make me insane because we leave like that next week after that and that doesn't give me ANY time to make sure I have things together! So, while I feel good about prepping the house for baby, travel is a whole other issue. Bobby and I have neither been out of the country...in fact, we have never traveled on a plane together. I'm thinking if we hired a camera crew to follow us through this journey to Seoul we might make some money putting together a comedy!

So, advice needed for this planning mama. What do you suggest for traveling with baby? Traveling with husband? Surviving the planning phase? What is a must have in Korea? What to leave special for our two sweet girls that will be waiting for us back home? Something special to give to the foster family?

So, pretty much unless I have it staged out and ready to go I will feel in over my head (and will probably feel that way anyway! And this makes me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING during a wait when nothing is happening.) I am all ears for any advice anyone has!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! We went to Seoul in February 2010 to get our daughter. In fact our last full day there was the day your son was born. If you go in winter, be prepared to be cold. Pack layers. The good news is that the same sweater can be used two or three times. No one will care. :) Pack a winter coat for your son. We weren't sure if we would get one for our daughter, and we almost didn't... Oops! While you are there, you must eat a Potato Gold Pizza from Mr. Pizza. Yum! Hope that helps.

Christy said...

I completely understand keeping busy and having fun things to do spread across time. Good luck! Prayers for you and Asher.

BrandiB said...

Thanks for the pizza recommendation Craig D! I cannot wait to see what Seoul has in store for us :-)
I don't think we will travel during the cold unfortunately, but now you have me thinking that maybe I will buy a jacket for him...just in case!

Kelly said...

Glad to hear about the progression of your adoption. God's timing is perfect!