Thursday, March 10, 2011

I just cannot believe it

Everyday we are getting closer. It feels real, but sort of not. I have lived and breathed adoption for 2 years now. It just seems weird that it's actually coming close to happening to us. I have watched it happen so many times to other folks, prayed with them, cried with them. And I knew *one day* it would happen to us.

Someone pinch me. Is it possible I may be meeting my son this time next month? I just don't have anything to compare to what I am feeling right now. Happy, joyful, scared, anxious, fearful, excited. My husband kept asking how excited I was as he walks around with a permagrin on his face these last couple of days. I am very excited, but it just doesn't feel real yet. I lay awake at night and think of him always. I cannot remember now who said it, but someone compared their kiddo to a superstar, like you've been staring at these pictures and all of this stuff for months, what do you do when you finally meet them? I mean, what would Reece do if she met Justin Bie*er? Sorry, I'm all over the place today and I have no idea how to put this all in words!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Better believe it! You're going to get that boy soon! FINALLY! I do understand the super star thing, it's so true. Hard to imagine getting to a more normal parenting place in a few months, isn't it?!?

Amy said...

I understand every one of your feelings because I'm having the same ones right now. After watching this happen to so many people, I cannot believe it's finally happening to me. Asher is a superstar to all of us and I'm looking forward to meeting that little star in person one day! :)