Monday, October 20, 2008

The Kite Runner

So, I bought this book along with several others a few months ago and have saved this one as the last, mostly because it was considerably longer than the others and I usually cannot find time to read more than 3 or so pages at a time!
I started it last week and finished it yesterday and I have to say it is one of the best books I have ever read. It is the story of a boy's childhood in Kabal, a country near Afghanistan, and it follows him and his experiences throughout his life well into his 30's. I could not put it down! There were so many twists and turns and shocking moments, I ended up taking the time to read over 100 pages in one sitting, which because I am such a book dork was a big treat for me. Most importantly, it taught the lesson that is it never too late to do the right thing no matter what has happened in your life.
I do not want to give away anything that happens, but if you enjoy a great story like I do, make the time to pick this one up. You will not be disappointed!

2 comments:

moorehg said...

I've read this book, its one of my FAVORITES of all time. I read it last fall right when it got cold out. I curled up one sunday morning and read it under the bathroom heater and finished the whole thing. It is so good. If you haven't already you should read Marley and Me, its a cute book for animal lovers and there is a movie about to come out about it too with Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.

Massey Family said...

Hello Brandi, this is Meredith's husband, Thomas. I arrived at your blog after you posted a few sweet comments on mine. I also very much enjoyed reading Kite Runner a few years ago and the lasting memory I have is of the narrator's father and his utter disregard for personal safety when refusing to be morally compromised (in the truck with others, crossing the border and encountering the drunk soldier).