Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Updates from our crazy life



hey guys, thought I would post some updates since it's been such a crazy week!

Dad was granted Mercy last Wednesday by finding out some positive news about his CAT scan. The cancer in his lymph nodes is no longer detectable and there are just a couple of spots now that are still showing up in his liver and lungs. It was so great to hear that positivity in his voice! He was talking a lot about how fortunate he was to not have as many severe effects from the chemo as most others do, I was selfishly thinking how fortunate I was to have more time with him. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and I hope that you will keep them coming! He will do one more cycle in November and then another CAT scan to decide what they want to do from there.

Kyleigh's 6th birthday party went great on Sunday! We had about 10 kids come and join us for a party at the movie theatre to take in the new High School Musical 3. A special thanks to my wonderful husband for sitting through a 2 hour musical just for the love of his daughter :-)
I cannot believe how fast these past 6 years have happened. I will be writing a post just about her in honor of her birthday this Friday.

And yes, I turned 29 on Monday. who hoo! I like to reflect on every birthday and be thankful (kind of like folks do during Thanksgiving). I'd like to give thanks for another year of unexpected events and unanswered prayers. After 29 years I find I am still learning that I don't always know everything! Thanks for keeping me guessing. And thanks to my husband for dealing with my craziness these past few months. This move hasn't always been easy for me, but his strength has helped me realize what a good move it was. Thanks to all of my friends for just listening this past year. I have cried to you, laughed with you and missed you all terribly. Thanks to my family for your support and understanding. I hope that 29 is filled with as much excitement, joy and reflection as 28 has been.

I'd also like to leave this post in memory of Bobby's grandmother, Nora, who passed away this year. She was known for always remembering everyone's birthday and sending a card. This birthday was not the same without a card from granny Nora.




The Wilmington BFF gang: Alix, Jordan, Betsy and Kyleigh

In front of her favorite, Sharpay!

1 comment:

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

six! wow - that makes you reeeaaally old. wait, no. 29 isn't old ;) but really, six years old. that just doesn't seem possible. so how was high school musical? fun? how was the popcorn? ;) and hallelujah and PRAISE GOD for your dad's awesome news. continuing to pray for complete healing from cancer! 28 was a pretty full year - so here's to a peaceful and uneventful 29. xoxo