Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Meant to be...in due time

"what is meant to be, will be".

What a leap of faith! Just to trust that everything meant for you will be...to not be anxious or worrisome or full of fear. I know I've had it happen to me....wondering about something to happen tomorrow or next year....how will it work out...will it work out at all? Only to be surprised not only by the outcome, but also the time and event of it all. Sometimes it is something completely different than you would have prayed for or thought about, sometimes it's just not when you would have wanted it.

We are so smart these days aren't we? We want complete control over our lives, but do we really know what we are doing? There is no PhD major in life my friends and the rules change daily!

My friend Terry and I were just talking the other day about some "slam books" she found from when we were in middle school. Remember those? Anyway, we were laughing at how differently our lives had turned out from what we thought they would be. We started thinking back to our college years and what we thought we were going to be doing. I'll tell you right now, I'm glad my dreams of being a doctor did not work out. I was completing final applications to enroll in a Immunology program 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with Kyleigh. Talk about switching around plans!

You know, had I been able to execute my plans, I would probably be a workaholic, no kids, no marriage and completely judged by my profession. I would be a mess in other words. Thank God for those unanswered prayers!!

Let's give thanks that our lives are meant to be and everything is done according to God's will and not ours!

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

Diana said...

This couldn't be more true!!!! Growing up I assumed I would live in the same town, surrounded by the same people. Who knew that I'd end up halfway across the country, married to an awesome husband with the best son ever...who knew? God knew!!!!

moorehg said...

I want to see this new pug.