Monday, June 29, 2009

Around and round

Around and round we go, where the paperwork stops, no one knows!!!

After a little misunderstanding with my email address, we received our home study packet on Saturday. Once things calmed down last night, I sat down and tried to figure out what I had already accumulated and still needed.

Wow.

Luckily I had already done a lot, but there was still so much to put together. Today I sent out a packet with the following items: 8 page application form, payment schedule, detailed financial statement for assests and liabilities, HIPAA forms, forms to have our background checks done, individual picutures of everyone in our family, copies of everyone's birth certificates, copy of our marriage license and our last years taxes. We are still pending a statement from the pediatrican on the health of our girls, physicals for both Bobby and I, we have to write autobiographies and our 4 adoption classes we have to take.

It is the agencies (and Korea's) requirement that we have a minimum of 4 meetings/interviews (couple and individual) as part of the home study. We were really hoping to have someone local, but no such luck. Our agency is in Raleigh, so we will need to take at least one trip there to do a couple of interviews. Our first meeting with our social worker is July 9th & 10th. She is coming down here and we are hoping to go there on July 20th to do the last round. She says we are moving fast, but it's just not fast enough for us! Now that everything is happening, it's scary and exciting at the same time, just like being pregnant. You are excited for the future and to meet your child, but scared for all of the things to come too. It's the fear of the unknown either way I think.

It's been fun to look in stores now for baby things. I wasn't going to even go there, but Bobby and I went Outlet shopping for our surprise Disney trip last weekend and when we were walking by Carters Outlet he said "Guess we will be shopping in there again soon!" with a huge smile on his face. Just melt my heart why don't you!

1 comment:

moorehg said...

Brandi I am SO happy for you guys! What an awesome thing you are doing. I know you are just bursting with excitment! Looks like God has some amazing things in store for you and your family...and I can see you will all embrace it!
I can't wait to see you new little family member!