Saturday, June 20, 2009

WACAP approval received

Hey everybody!

We received an email from our case worker late Thursday night letting us know our adoption application was approved from WACAP! Step one down! We received our packet in the mail today with all of the forms to complete for WACAP and some tips on the home study. We thought we would be able to use the same home study as our friends Meredith and Shane, but the Korea program is very specific and they will only take home studys from ONE agency. So Catholic Charities it is! Our case worker told us they should call on Monday, so we will see what that will entail. Lots of paperwork and we will have at least 3 visits with the social worker.

I have already started downloading all of the forms and getting to work. Right now I am taking a break from one called the "Parenting Resource Plan". This is a monster! It doesn't look that difficult when you start, but once you actually read the questions and start doing the research, they are pretty tough to answer and you really have to take your time reading and thinking about it. Questions like "How would you respond if you found out your adoptive child was molested or molested another child" or "What would you do if your child rejects you?" or questions about how diverse your community is and how your child and family are going to incorporate your child's culture and heritage. I have five more questions to go, but I think I'm going to look back at it with a clear head tomorrow. It's been a long day of hard thinking!

We also have at least 10 hours of adoption education to get started on, so I am hoping to start on that next week as well. I sent off for certified copies of all our birth certificates and marriage certificate to include with a document called I-600 which we hopefully will be sending off in the next two weeks.

In other news, Reece got her first haircut today! Kyleigh needed her ridiciously long hair cut (a whole inch was cut off :-) and Reece decided she wanted one too. Ah, the lady doing her hair....she cut it uneven at first and then proceeded to tell me "it doesn't really matter because she has curly hair anyway." Nope, I am paying for a straight haircut thank you very much! So Reece ended up with two inches off, but she was so proud and did a great job!

Bobby's mom is here this weekend, so it's been nice to have someone help with the girls while I work on some of this stuff and bobby has been doing detail work on all of the cars all day long, so he is in heaven out there still.

And....today makes one year we have been in our house and in the lovely town of Carolina Shores. While I miss Wilmington still, I think this move has been so great for our family and look forward to hopefully staying here a while!!

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day tomorrow! I'm feeling a little bittersweet about my first Father's Day without my dad, but I'm being positive for the wonderful husband I have who is an excellent dad to our girls!!!!

No comments: