Thursday, June 18, 2009

Out of control vacation planning

So, we are planning a *surprise* first trip to Disney the second week in August for the girls. Planning said vacation has taken up almost all of my free time. I never knew how many little tips you can find or how you can get lost for hours comparing prices for everything from hotels to disposal cameras. I had resorted to putting together a color coded excel spreadsheet complete with tabs for each park and each day of our vacation to plan everything out, but no, that wasn't enough. I found myself last night putting together a notebook as well, my vacation bible if you will. A binder full of my excel sheets and any other tips and tricks I was able to find.

I am out of control.

I am so excited and there is just so much there. I know we could go 100 times and still not see it all, but the point is that we will not be able to go 100 times. I want to know all of the high points we want to hit while still making time for the girls to just play or rest. That's hard to do working with 5 days believe it or not.

So anyway, I think after tonight I'm going to walk away from it a bit and catch the magical spirit of Disney again instead of starring at my expertly formatted spreadsheet :-)

Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Please don't tell me you've made a "tracker" for Disney??? You really need a break from work! :)