Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let me tell you about this little girl....

This little girl is incredible and so is her family. This little girl was born prematurely...weighing in at one pound 5 ounces. This little girl is a fighter.

With the hand of God, the strength and love of her family, the wisdom and care of her medical team she fought and persevered.

Last summer she was diagnosed with Stage IV High Risk Neurtoblastoma. She has fought through many treatments and was doing better, however the cancer has now come back and has completely overtaken her poor body. She just celebrated her second birthday last month.

They are doing another round of chemo to see how her response is. Depending on those results, this family may have some tough choices ahead of them.

This little girl is named Jolee. I came to know her though a co-worker who is her aunt and one of the most kindest people I've ever met.

Can I please ask that you all hold this family up in prayer. I look at my two little ones and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for their safety and health. I know how incredibly hard this decision was when I had to make it for my dad....but for your child, I cannot imagine. It just makes me cry.

Please, put Jolee on your church prayer list. Please prayer for healing for her little body and spirit. Please pray for strength for her family. Please pray for wisdom for her medical staff. Please pray for a miracle for this family. Please pray that no matter what happens in the coming days, that they lean on God for support because I know he is wanting to cover them in love and comfort.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

wow. praying for her right now!