Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Weekend

I am still winding down from the very busy weekend we just had, so I thought I would share some pictures of the girls and all of the fun we had (Bobby is left out of these because he had to work this weekend :-(
We got up early Saturday morning and were very excited to do the kid's walk for Relay for Life. I was not emotionally ready to go on Friday night for those events, but I was really looking forward to the kids walk on Saturday. We got there early and the girls played on the inflatables and then we walked a few laps around (well, Kyleigh and I did. Reece lasted one lap before I had to pick her up). We walked under the tent to get Reece's face painted, which was great timing because it started pouring down rain! Oh well, we had fun wet and all!

Posing with sis before the walk

Marching for a good cause

When we got back to the house, we watched Hotel for Dogs, which Kyleigh had been wanting to see for a very long time (a really cute movie for you dog lovers out there who haven't seen it yet). Then we decided to do some crafts. First I let the girls create their own shirts. Kyleigh was very into it and was still working long after Reece splattered her paint and moved on. Check out this concentration.....


"Angels from Heaven"

When I asked Kyleigh what her picture was she replied "An angel coming down to tell the people in the house she was proud of them for praying". Too sweet. Notice the blue sky, angel in the middle and special clouds that evidently appear on the side when angels come down :-)

Next we made our very own stepping stones. I have been trying to decide what to do with our yard. I'm not a big yard worker, but we look like every other cookie cutter house in our neighborhood, so I'm trying to get some ideas. I would love for the girls to have an area of the yard just for them with their own flowers/plants and sitting area, so I thought this was a great start and surprisingly not too messing. Check out Reece's finished work.....


Precious hand print

At this time, Kyleigh and I had some unfinished business called Thumb Wars. You know you guys remember thumb war! Anyway, Kyleigh is completely obsessed with it now. Sad how you cannot really tell the difference from my 29 year old hand and her 6 year old hand!


The saga continues....

About the time we were finishing up, I got a call from my sister in law wanting to know if we wanted to have the boys for the weekend (for those of you that don't know, we have two nephews: Bryson 7 and Bryon 4 who we lived beside in Wilmington. Sure! So around 6 our family of 2 kids turned into 4 very excited loud kids ages 3, 4, 6, & 7. Here are some pics....

Showing off my new game


Bryson is sooo funny!!!!!

After a 2 hour bedtime battle, everyone finally settled down and went to sleep. For a first sleep over, I think it went well!
Bobby had to be at work at 5am Sunday morning, so I was a single mom o' 4! We got up and got breakfast at our favorite spot, the Sunrise Pancake House. Then we went to the park and I took everyone with me to church. They all had a ball and were all fantastic for me! Topped off by a Mickey D's lunch complete with play area time and you have the perfect kid's day.
I'm still exhausted from it all, but it was a great weekend! Hope you all had a great one too!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Okay - you are brave! 4 kids!!!! I am so scared of those days!!!