Sunday, September 20, 2009

Holding on to a new beginning



Today I put two very important pieces of paper into the offering at church: our membership papers. We attended a Discovery class luncheon last week as the first step to membership at our church. We learned more about our pastor, our church and where the church was going and the basis of their beliefs. This honestly got me more fired up for Jesus because I realized for the first time during a "religious" conversation that I felt exactly what they were talking about. I was there. I was experiencing the relationship...REALLY experiencing it for the first time in my life. Years past, I might have gone to church because someone else did it or to make someone else happy or because it just seemed like the right thing to do. Now I go because I WANT AND NEED to go. I look forward to Sundays. I look forward to what I am going to learn and the lesson I am going to take home and how I can apply it to my life. Now more than ever, I am at peace with my life and my place. I am married to the love of my life who I couldn't bear to spend a day away from, I have two great kids, supportive family and friends, jobs and food on my table. Today I give all thanks to God who I am happy to say is in complete control of my life and I am happily in the passengers seat!

No comments: