Thursday, September 3, 2009

IT Phone times and updates

So it's been a crazy few days.

My mom was transferred to Wake Med on Tuesday for further testing and to have whatever treatments they deemed necessary. Ends up she had a 75% blockage in the bottom of her heart and they put a stint in. She is home now and seems to be a little better. We are hoping that is the reason for her extreme fatigue and maybe her blood sugar will stop spiking so much (normal is 80-120 and hers was running in the 500s. We have no idea how she did not have a stroke or go into a diabetic coma). Only time will tell at this point. They also found 3 ulcers in her stomach/esophagus and she is being treated for those as well. Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

I was feeling pretty rotten on Monday and by Tuesday I was feeling so bad I actually went to the doctor (which is a pretty rare occurrence for myself). Ends up I have strep throat and mono. No clue where the mono came from! They said it would take me about 2-10 weeks to get over the mono if I take my time and let my body get better. Easier said than done! They gave me a steroid for my lymph node swelling (I could barely turn my head because my neck was full of swollen nodes!) and a Z pack for the strep, which has already made my throat feel better and I have my voice back. Oh well, someones way of telling me to slow down I suppose ;-)

Little Jolee has done great with her first round of chemo and will get to go home for two weeks before starting her second round. Thanks everyone again for all of your thoughts and prayers and please keep them coming...this little girl and her family have a long road ahead of them.

On a personal note, I would like to say I am shocked I can even work this blogger site because apparently I am IT challenged. My Internet went out Wednesday morning and I just got it back up and running this morning at 10am after several calls to IT at work, Dell, Linksys and my Internet provider. I have been on the phone for probably a total of 5 hours, no joke trying to get this fixed and have been sitting here at my desk for probably 14 hours in total. Lots of holding the phone patiently waiting for someone else to refer me to another person, but at least I could get humans on the phone I guess. Cannot have the internet down when you work regionally!

In EXCITING news, WACAP (our agency) had contacted us yesterday afternoon to let us know WE ARE APPROVED AND OFFICIALLY IN THE KOREAN PROGRAM!!! Yes! We should hear from the program coordinator next week on what our next steps are and how many families are ahead of us. Waiting patiently will now become our lives. Crazy to think that somewhere on the other end of the world there is a woman carrying our baby, struggling everyday with her choices. Please keep this woman in your thoughts and prayers as well. Please pray that she understands how much we want and love this baby and we will do everything in our power to give it the life we all want for them. Hopefully my next post will have a small number for the waiting list, but most people have been waiting a year for just a referral, so we know it's going to be a while. It's like we are pregnant and we have no idea when the due date is :-)

Hope everyone is doing well this week!

No comments: