Monday, September 7, 2009

Sleep

Friends, sleep has been a big deal in my house lately. This mono has knocked me on my butt. As much as I am "playing it off" like I am OK and full of energy to do everything I normally do, I find myself completely exhausted by the middle of the day, my arms feeling like they weigh 50 pounds each :-(

I have worked around this several ways....no longer have I been cooking dinner at night (I did this one night, haven't since), but we have been eating out or, dare I say, having cereal/breakfast for dinner. The girls of course love this, but I feel bad and guilty. This has been a pretty busy weekend with travel, birthday parties, church and laundry to catch up with. I found myself on the couch again yesterday afternoon...watching it inch closer to dinner time and continuing to sit there. Ugh. I hope I am able to shake this soon! Bobby has been great and has been helping with dinner and laundry, etc. Just ready to get back to normal.

We have been going to bed early (9-9:30 most nights), which is good because our poor Haley pug itches all night...on the bed, on the floor, up against you (she has skin allergies which seem to be worse at night for some reason). If you put her outside the room she scratches the door and cries. Sigh. I was up for over 4 hours a couple of nights ago with her. I think we finally have her used to sleeping on the living room couch now and luckily we have had two nights of *almost* undisturbed sleep!

Reece has also been fighting sleep again lately (NOT a shock for those of you who know her!). Just when we think we are beyond this stage! She was so tired yesterday....and I mean soooo tired. As the afternoon went on, she just continued to melt...her attitude and patience growing oh so short. She fell asleep for a whole 5 minutes in the car and that was it, but at least she is going to bed at night and not getting up several times like she was!

As Bobby and I were sitting in bed last night, I wondered what it would be like when our 3rd child joins our family. This is in the center of my thoughts a lot now. I find myself with everything we do imagining them there, the same as I did when I was pregnant. I know the first few months are going to be rough as far as sleep goes. Maybe I'm getting used to being up for 4 hours a night for a reason!!!

Hope you all are having a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments: