Thursday, October 1, 2009

Quiet Celebration

Last year, we removed ourselves from the stress of our everyday lives and celebrated our wedding anniversary at a log cabin in the mountains. This year..well, there is just too much going on to take a trip right now. These last few weeks seem like there is just not enough hours in the day!

That being said, I do feel bad because I think everyone no matter how busy should take the time to spend time with and enjoy their loved ones. I'm hoping we will be able to get away soon, even if it's just for the weekend together.

On a personal note, I am astounded at how fast these last 8 years have flown by and how our lives have come together around it. We have had babies, started an adoption process, changed jobs, moved, beat cancer, faced death, worried about money and everything else under the sun...and most importantly we have made it through all of it stronger and closer to each other than ever before.

I started dating Bobby right after my high school graduation. People do a tremendous amount of changing between 18 and (almost) 30. I am incredibly thankful to have found my soul mate and to be living in happiness despite what the outside world may bring upon us.

Happy aniversary baby! Here is to many more!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

congrats on your recent anniversary! i'm so glad you found my blog and i'm looking forward to following your journey as well! sounds like you'll probably be bringing your little boy home just before us! here's to WAITING together!