Thursday, November 11, 2010

How it all works out

He's precious. He's beautiful. He's ours.

THAT'S RIGHT, WE HAVE A SON!!!

Adoption as a whole is certainly not for the weak at heart. There have been good days and bad, but it all melts away once you look at that picture. We have been on the waiting list for a "healthy" child for some time now, but open from day one to certain medical conditions. In a crazy twist of fate, our eyes were brought to the most precious baby boy and we just knew he was our son.

He was born quite premature and had some issues in connection with that, but is making great progress. We just want to throw a party for everyone! It still feels so surreal. I cannot believe I was praying so hard and the whole time this was being worked out. I would love to share a picture just to prove his cuteness, but our agency doesn't suggest we post pictures on social websites until he is in our care. But, take it from me, this Korean cutie is just that.....beautiful dark almond eyes, spiky hair and the sweetest cheeks! So now we are finalizing all of our referral paperwork and getting ready for probably the hardest wait...4-6 months to travel. I already have his picture memorized, so I hope we get new ones soon!

Tonight we surprised our family at dinner. They were not expecting anything at all and thought I was handing them Kyleigh and Reece's school pictures and opened up the package to find baby brother! It was so great to see the joy and excitement on their faces! Of course one of the first questions we get asked is his name. It is kind of a hard thing right now. Bobby and I cannot seem to decide on a name, so I guess we are really taking our time with it. His Korean name means "strong" and "abundant/generous", so I would love to find a name to fit just with that and continue to honor his birth mother with that. We know we will be keeping his Korean name as his middle name for sure.

So, needless to say it's been an absolutely crazy week full of every emotion imaginable! We are THRILLED and BLESSED to be mama and daddy to this sweet baby and just cannot wait to hold him in our arms! I'm sure if you look hard enough you can probably see my perma-grin from where ever you are in the country!

9 comments:

Heather said...

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY! Oh my goodness! Can you hear me yelling? I can see you grin too! :) That is SO precious! That makes 2 friends I've met through adoption that got their referrals! :) SO excited for you! Yippee!

Heather said...

Sorry! *your grin! & 2 friends I've met through blogging/adoption that got their referral's this week! :) (need to read my comments before I post them!)

Diana said...

Oh wow!! That is amazing news!!! Congratulations on baby #3 :)

Jenny said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! i am THRILLED for you guys!!! praying and praying for travel to come quickly!!!!

Dena said...

Yeah, if this is the kid I'm thinking of from RK, he's a total cutie!! Congratulations! So happy for you!

Kala said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you :) This is the hardest wait but it's so worth it in the end :)

Amber said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I am soooo excited for you!!!! That is so amazing and I cannot wait until you are able to share photos!!! Keeping you all in my prayers and cannot wait to see that cute little guy!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you all. I'm sure the girls are beside themselves with the anticipation of their little brother coming home, as I know you and Bobby are too. I'm continuing to hold good thoughts for you - hoping the coming months will fly by for you so you can hold your son soon!! Much love to you all :)

Christy said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear more about your cutie!