Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm at a loss for words..to be happy and sad at the same time

Looking back on this past week is just....unspeakable. Lives were changed. Families were brought together. All because of a baby boy and God's wonderful way of making it all work out. I am forever grateful and humbled by the whole experience.

I do not know why God chose now for our family. I wasn't expecting it at all. After the absolute excitement of everything comes down, I think about many other people. I think about his birth mom, his foster family and my other friends I have made over the past 1.5 years on this adoption journey. I know folks in every aspect of the wait....some are still being moved in their hearts and trying to find the courage to move forward to talk to their spouses, some are just starting on the mountain of paperwork, some are at the beginning or end of their wait and some are waiting to travel. Every story is different, but the desire is the same. It brings us together and it's beautiful.

I remember reading posts of friends who received their referral and I was incredibly happy for them, but I could not help but feel sad at the same time wondering where our little one was. For everyone that has given their kind words, wishes and prayers, we thank you so much! And, we also ask that you do the same for those still "in the wait". I want to say a special prayer for the strength and peace to continue to hang on.

I want to send positive thoughts your way...even though the wait is hard, God's plan is so worth it. I did not want to hear it when I was in the middle of mine, especially while having a particular tough day, but it's true. God was waiting until everyone was in the right place physically, mentally and spiritually before making this happen. I think back to the last 1.5 years and there are so many times that I am truly thankful God did not answer my prayers then!

And if he would have, we wouldn't have our son. He was worth every tear I cried, every bad day I had, ever irritated day I spent explaining again why we hadn't heard anything. I am in awe and amazed by the whole thing and my heart and prayers go out to those families still waiting. I cannot wait to share in your good news and I pray for peace for you everyday.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

so thrilled for you! i know what you mean about before, how you'd be so happy for families who received their referrals and yet sad at the same time... i'm praying all the time for our friends who are still "in the wait." that part is SO so hard!

congrats again! i can't wait to see your little guy home!!!

Rachel said...

Wow oh wow oh wow!!! I don't know how I missed your last VERY EXCITING post but let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am thrilled for you! It is sometimes hard to see how perfect God's timing is until we are looking back...but isn't it amazing to be on the other side??? And once this little guy is in your arms it will be even MORE amazing to look back at the journey that brought you to him...and him to you! I hope your wait for travel call is not long. This part is hard, but there is an END and it will come!!! Congrats again!