Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm going private soon!

So I just recently found out that I can show off all of the pictures I want as long as my blog is private...what am I waiting for! I am trying now to figure out how to set this darn thing up or if I need to create a new one all together (if anyone has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it!!!), so it will be another week or two I'm sure, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I have really enjoyed being able to openly follow other blogs and make all of the friendships I have through them, but I don't want to wait another 6 months after Asher is home to post his pictures! I will give everyone notice if you want to continue to follow and hopefully will have this all set up before we get our travel call :-)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

yay!!! okay so a bit of advice or whatever you want to call it... it depends on what you want your blog to do... if you stay on blogger, you can go private and send email invitations to up to 100 people. the downside to blogger is that your posts will no longer show up in anyone's readers or feeds. they'll have to remember to go and check your blog OR you can send out a "new post is up" email whenever you post something new so they know to go check OR you can set up a google group that emails everyone when you post something...

if you switch to wordpress, you can't "decorate" your blog quite as much or as easily, and it's a bit overwhelming at first because it's not quite as user-friendly as blogger, BUT you can create a password and you can password protect your posts. this way the posts still show up in people's feeds but they just say "password protected post" and then people can enter the password when they visit (and often, once they enter it one time, their cache will save it and they won't have to enter it EVERY time they visit your blog from their home computer). just some info to get you thinking!

Unknown said...

If you choose to stay with blogger, the way to set up the privacy is through Settings then Permission. If you figure out Word Press, let me know. I'm in the process of the switchover there.

In the meantime, sign me up for your private blog. Can't wait to read about your trip! Are you reading my private blog? If not, let me know. I'll send you an invite.

Enjoy!

April said...

I'd love to continue to follow you when you go private! Can't wait to see pics! =)

Brooke said...

I used to have blogger and now use wordpress. One thing I found out is that its easier to upload pictures to wordpress for me in the order I want and I havent had any user problems.
Also, with blogger you can only have 100 followers (which fills up fast when bringing the baby home). Cant wait til we can see Asher!
Also, I like the password rather than just blocking people.

Christy said...

Cool! Pictures! Keep me on the list!!! ;) Let me know how it goes, b/c I'm thinking of going private eventually too...

Amy said...

You know I want to keep following! Add me to your list!! :)