Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When they are gone...

the house is really quiet. really quiet. Sometimes too quiet and I'd rather hear them fighting even. All that quiet leaves me to my own thoughts. These days that has not been a very good thing with all of the waiting for Asher. Today I wondered how my days will be once Asher is home. How different it will be. No more weekly schedule for cleaning (yes, I am a complete dork and have this).

Chores may fall behind. I'm almost certain laundry will. And I love it. You know why? Because I will be doing more important things. Like getting to know my son. I am incredibly blessed to be able to stay at home with him and I never take that for granted. And as crazy as it's going to be this summer with all of them home, I cannot wait to be home with all of my kids. I'm so happy this year that I can say that instead of saying "I wonder if we will be all together this summer". It's been awesome to think about summer plans and include Asher. Because he will be home this summer. Oh yeah!

It's been a rough week honestly. On Monday I opened my mail expecting to find the usual junk mail and ridiculously high electric bill, but instead there was a document from my agency. It was a hospital report for Asher...dated January 11th. Yup, Monday was February. Seems our little guy is back to his respiratory issues and had to go back to the hospital. I was initially upset that he was sick again...and then upset that we were finding out 3 weeks later....then upset that no one called to tell us or even emailed and just mailed something like that...and then upset that we had no follow up. At all. I don't know how serious it was. I don't know if he's fine now. I.know.nothing.

I didn't call on Monday. I was incredibly upset. I waited until Tuesday to call when I wasn't so emotional to speak to our agency. They apologized for mailing something like that without a call or email and she said she would send an email to Korea and try and find out how he is doing now. Of course I also took this opportunity to ask about EP's, but she said she still didn't know anything and they never contacted her back from an email she said she sent 3 weeks before. I pushed again. Hey, don't judge me. This is my son. We need him home! So, she says she is going to email again. I know with the Lunar New Year, Korea is on holiday the rest of this week, so I am praying we hear something next week.

Please pray that Asher is better. Please pray that we get some good news that his EP has been submitted so we can bring him home hopefully in March before I lose my mind!

5 comments:

Dena said...

Ugh. What a tough week. I'm so sorry that you had find out Asher's been sick via mail and also that you can't get any updates. I would have been pretty upset too! And I absolutely think you did the right thing pushing. Sometimes I think our agencies don't understand that these are OUR CHILDREN!! Praying you get some answers soon.

Christy said...

Prayers that you get an update quickly. I can only begin to imagine how you're feeling - I'm SO sorry! Lots of prayers for your sanity this week.

Brooke said...

First, I just wanted to comment that you are so lucky to have your boy coming home in time for summer so your kids will be home to bond with him in the first 6 months. I am debating taking my boys out of school for a couple weeks after baby comes home and letting them do their school work at home. I think its so important for the kids to be able to bond and play together.
Secondly, I hope Liz was somewhat nice about Ashers sickness. I would be so upset. I hope they get you more info soon.

Leah said...

I understand some of what you're going through. We had a "wheezing" comment on Aiden's WBC for 2 checks in a row. Never heard anything else of this, nothing. The last check we received didn't have it anymore. ... Okay...? Anyway, hang in there mama, that precious boy will be home this summer and you can smother him with all he could possibly stand and then some! Praying for us all! :)

Annie B said...

This happened to us too - a random comment about dragging of the feet and an emergency visit to the neurologist. Everything turned out fine but it was torture not having the information or any way to get information and feeling so in the dark and powerless (on top of your standard adoption darkness and powerlessness). I'll be thinking of you, willing good updates to come your way! And I hope there is movement on the paperwork front. I don't think your girls will mind you lavishing etra attention on them, just to keep you distracted :) Kids are good like that.