Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cute story to share thanks to Reece

So, I thought this was too cute and funny not to share. We were at Walmart on Sunday letting Kyleigh cash in her gift cards she got for her birthday. It broke my heart because Reece wanted something too and was having to watch Kyleigh put things in the cart, so I broke down and let her pick out one thing. What was her choice? Rock star barbie.

Reece has loved music ever since I can remember. She sings in the car, everyday. She makes up her own songs...and chorography. And she likes it all...country, christian, classic rock and of course radio Disney. She has a guitar, drum set, microphone, etc.

So we were stuck in the check out line waiting for a price check on an item when the check out lady was handing Reece her rock star barbie and telling her what a pretty barbie she was. Cue Reece's conversation below:

Reece: Yeah, and I'm a rock star too. I have my own band.

CO lady: Oh yeah? (At this point I fill her in on Reece's "band" which consists of friends from school)

Reece: Yup, Shane plays guitar, Brooklyn plays the drums and flute (yes, they have a flute in their band) and I play microphone.

CO lady: Wow! That's a pretty big band!

Reece: Yeah, and we are thinking of letting Travare in...cause he's our friend.

After the CO lady and people behind us stopped laughing at Reece's seriousness in the conversation, we moved on out. Who knows, she may be the next rock star out there :-) Dream big Reece a roni.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i love it! so cute and confident!