Monday, November 23, 2009

Uncertainty

Everyone who reads this blog should know by now I don't do well with uncertainty. I think it's a hard concept for any of us to grab onto...not sure what is going to happen from one day to the next, especially if you have your heart set on one big event or happening. It's something I've been trying to get better at.

I have a lot of friends right now going through some uncertain times. Some are having biological babies, some are adopting babies, some are needing financial questions answered, some are questioning careers, some are trying to sell their homes and some are just trying to start a new life and not knowing where to begin. The uncertainty of each of their situations is hard.

I just wanted to share a few words of encouragement for you today. This blog post is not about me or my family or my uncertainties, but providing hope and encouragement for yours. I pray you will comforted and the answers will come in perfect timing for each of you. My love and prayers with you always.

Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." - Hebrews 13:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5,6

Anything God asks us to do he supplies us with the energy and grace to do.

My job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. 1 Corinthians 13:12

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't know if you saw my post yet this morning, but I really needed to read this today. THANK YOU.

BrandiB said...

Yes Jenny, you were certainly one of the ones I was thinking of :-)