Monday, November 16, 2009

Running out of room!

I am defeated. My house has won. We haven't even been in it two years and the "stuff" has won out. I don't even want to open my closet at this point or walk into the garage. I like organization projects, but I just haven't had the time to take these on. Between the ever going adoption talk between Bobby and I and the new SAFE project I am now heading up (see link on the left side of my blog now for more information)...we are going to run out of room even quicker. We have a play room upstairs, which will become Kyleigh's room once the baby is here, and while we are A LONG WAY AWAY from that reality, I still find myself wondering what in the world I'm going to do with all of the stuff up there? And the garage. We cleaned out half of it after my dad passed to give his mustang a good home, but prompted shoved everything else to the other side....in all intentions of going through it soon too. That was January.

I am SO thankful to already be getting such a great response to the SAFE website and will have donations coming in from all over the state soon. I am still working with donation sites in Horry County, SC and hope to move calls to Brunswick county sometime this week. That said, we will need to store numerous amounts of stuffed animals. I need time to sort through them...to clean them before I can donate them. While my loving husband is supportive and loving about my new endeavor the question came "And where are we going to keep all of these in the process?"

So time to wipe some sweat off our brows to get it done. He's called his dad, who will be coming down this Wednesday to help get the garage cleaned out. Then we will be buying shelving for the garage and hopefully have it organized by next week. A tall order! Of course that leaves our closet and the play room, which I'm hoping I can put off for a little bit longer! Sounds like a good Christmas break project I can do!

1 comment:

Meg said...

the stuff war is a hard one to fight! you can do it!